They are recognized as one of the world's most venomous marine animals.Despite their small size, 12 to 20 cm (5 to 8 in), and relatively docile nature, they are dangerous to humans if provoked and handled, because their venom contains tetrodotoxin, a neurotoxin powerful enough to kill humans.
@Fellacio Jones, I'll take 20
@Fellacio Jones, Time for chemical warfare
@Fellacio Jones, Doesn't it paralyze you or something
@Kyocera, it is paralytic and will stop your respiratory system within minutes. What makes it so dangerous is that their bites are often painless and they easily puncture a wetsuit with their tiny beaks thus you usually don't know you've been bitten until it's too late. There is no known antivenom.
@Fellacio Jones, they also only tend to flash blue when threatened. There is no antidote, and it causes death by respiratory failure due to paralysis.
@Fellacio Jones, ok. So no antivenom. Now if you made it to a hospital immediately and was put on a breathing machine and where receiving chest compressions, could you be kept alive long enough for your body to deal with the venom on its own?
@GunSupporter, after doing some reading about people who survive it that's essentially how people do survive it. They require continual respiration though as soon as they stop breathing, if they get to a hospital they can survive by being hooked up to an artificial respirator
@SatansAdvocate, that's really cool. I always wondered that about potent paralytic poisons.
@GunSupporter, yeah, it actually is pretty interesting and terrifying how it isn't the venom that causes your body to die or decay per say but rather the paralysis and the stopping of your diaphragm.
@Fellacio Jones, you're the copy paste king. Lol
@Fellacio Jones, and no anti-venom.
@Fellacio Jones, similar to the puffer fish
Should have left the name of the person who posted it so we can see if they're dead
@mrmoe, looked for a bit, tracked to william_exotique on Instagram, and tbh he has a lot of "deadly animals in hands" and it looks like this was just one of his better Photoshops
He hella ded.
If anyone doesn't know, that species of octopus is highly venomous
@SatansAdvocate, venomous or poisonous? If it's venomous they aren't dead yet.
@Memes Or Death, sounds like venomous. They be dead soon
@Memes Or Death, Venomous, they bite you'll and you die. Though they're small, the venom is strong enough to kill humans. They aren't aggressive but if they get upset they will bite. My guess is this 1 was either kinda chill with it, it's Photoshop, or the person was bit later, hence the joke here.
It's a human, they're always picking shjt outta the sea.
Something to know when it comes to animals, if it's colorful, don't touch it. Bright colors are a warning saying, "I'm poisonous/venomous, and if you f*** with me, you're dead." Actually, in general just don't mess with animals at all... Unless it's a dog, then hug and pet it for eternity.
Are we just ignoring the skin on these hands?
@CaptainCrunchyCvnt, that's what I'm saying!
@CaptainCrunchyCvnt, @ZombieApocalypse, it's from his hand partially being in the water.
@Prime Umbra, ah that makes sense, thanks.
How did he took the picture if his two hands are there?
What video game is the bottom picture from?
In all honestly is this person ok? Was it a joke? I need details!
Clearly he's alive since he posted this picture yesterday and would have been affected within minutes
Its a painting 👌🏼
Oh, sure, it's cute now... the running and screaming comes later!
Do they think the little guys dead or something? Cuz they can go out of water for a little while...
@TheWhiteWolf, the human is dead now. Those things hold grudges and murder families
@TheWhiteWolf, it's a blue ringed octopus, a notoriously venomous animal. He hella ded
@swampbutt, that would make sense